Behavioral Support Services
Our Early Childhood Destination: Inclusion program is designed to address the social and emotional needs of children from birth to five years old who are in family child care and child care centers throughout Garrett, Allegany & Washington Counties.
Healthy social and emotional growth includes:
- Form close and secure interpersonal relationships
- Experience, regulate and express emotions
- Explore the environment and learn in the context of family, community, and cultural expectations
We work with parents and child care providers to develop strategies that promote positive social and emotional development so children may enter school ready to learn.
Consultation Services are FREE and include:
- Telephone consultations for child care providers,
- Site visits by Apples staff to conduct observations,
- Program assessment and recommendations,
- Development of an action and behavioral plan,
- Model and assist in implementation of intervention strategies,
- Referral of children to community services, if needed.
Consultants gather child and classroom information through observation and conversation with parents and child care staff. Consultants use that information to develop strategies to assist the child in the child care setting and at home. Parents will receive other resources and/or referrals that may be useful to the child's development and preparation to enter school ready to lean. The information gathered from the assessment will be shared with other professionals, such as pediatricians, occupational therapists and speech therapists as requested by the family.
To get started, contact us today!