Skip to main content

Have Questions?

Email Us: [email protected]
Call Us: 301-733-0000

You are here

Operating a Child Care Facility Using a “Doing Business As” Name

Operating a child care facility – whether family home or center - is a business and like all other businesses, any individual or group who does not want to use their legal name but wishes to operate a business using a different name must register that name with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation. This unique name is commonly known as the DBA – “Doing Business As” name and it is a legal requirement in Maryland when conducting business in any other name instead of your legal name.

For more information Click HERE for the release put out by Maryland Department of Education - Office of Child Care - Licensing Branch